Click on the date to view past newsletters. You are welcome to print the newsletters.
- April 27, 2017 (04/27/2017) - Raising futurists and goal setters; How to Raise A Thinking Child; Become a Seymour Exhibit Guide;
Suki: The Value of Goal-Setting; Places to Go!
- April 20, 2017 (04/20/2017) - Earth Day; "Wind Fish" Wind Socks; Volunteers Are Needed for a Good Green Cause! New! Wildflower Collection & Wildflower Weekend; 8 Things Moms of Boys Should Know; Places to Go! All are Welcome! Summit for the Planet
- Summit for the Planet 2017 (04/20/2017) - 11th Annual Summit for the Planet Walk-A-Thon and Celebration at Mount Madonna School
- April 13, 2017 (04/13/2017) - Family Fun at 11 th Annual Summit for the Planet; Eric Fromm's Six Rules of Listening; Practice Makes Perfect as Your Child Learns to Talk; Trained Dogs Can Detect Historical & Prehistoric Burials; Places to Go!
- Events to Celebrate Our Earth (04/07/2017) - Earth Week at Seymour Marine Discovery Center;
Behind-the-Scenes Tours; Summit for the Planet
- April 6, 2017 (04/06/2017) - Spring, Flowers, Bees, Tomatoes; Parks and Storm Damage; How to Grow Better Tomatoes; Easter for the Children; Places to Go! Fairy Gardens
- Summer Camps 2017 (04/04/2017) - Camp is fun, and... How to Pick the Right Summer Camp for Kids; Six Summer Camp Benefits You May Not Know; Summer Camps Make Kids Resilient;
Summer Camp: Great for Kids, Even Better for Parents; Spotlight on Sunscreens; Camp and Spiritual Development; Summer Festivals
- March 30, 2017 (03/30/2017) - Do what you love; LitWits gets wonderful stories off the page; Forgiveness; The Secret Life of Fat; Places to Go!
- March 23, 2017 (03/23/2017) - Learn with Historical Fiction; Photos, Two Lamps, White Paper and Your Phone! Positive Discipline Parenting Tips on Sharing; Places to Go!
- March 16, 2017 (03/16/2017) - Joy of the Irish; Steve: It's Up to You; A Fun Place to be a Docent! Articles About ADHD Which Caught Our Attention; Places to Go!
- March 9, 2017 (03/09/2017) - Get a Jump on the Future; What's next? Christine: Path of Least Resistance Looks Smoother; PDRC:Tips on Handling Children's Mistakes; Places to Go! What to do when you meet a mountain lion; Think You Know Monet?
- March 2, 2017 (03/02/2017) - What problem do YOU want to solve? Ask Nicole: When the Mudslide Is Personal; Five Books Guaranteed to Make Kids Love Science; Hummingbird Days at the UCSC Arboretum; Places to Go!
- February 23, 2017 (02/23/2017) - Feed the Good; Solutions for "polarizing tension"
A New England Clam Chowder; Relationship Articles from thebookoflife.org; Places to Go! One More ClamChowder Recipe
- February 16, 2017 (02/16/2017) - Outside Every Day; We Are Wired To Be Outside;
Book: Chasing slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path; True Animal Stories for Our Children Who Love Animals; Christine: Viewing the Earth with Epic' "Screenagers: Growing up in the Digital Age;" Dental Hygiene Tips; Places to Go!
- February 9, 2017 (02/09/2017)
- February 2, 2017 (02/02/2017) - Fruit Tree Huggers; Christine: Frequent Lying Changes Your Brain & Makes Lying Easier; Ask Nicole: Simple Acts of Love; Backpacking in Our State Parks; Places to Go!
- January 26, 2017 (01/26/2017) - Understanding Teens; PDCR: The Teen Brain; Adult Role That Best Supports Teen Development; 10 Awesome 100-Year-Old Crafts for Kids; Places to Go!
- January 19, 2017 (01/19/2017) - The Stories We Tell Our Children: "Into the Woods - Jan 28 & 29; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! - Jan 20 & 21; Just So Stories Feb 3; Suki: Our Approach to Internet Safety; Places to Go!
- January 12, 2017 (01/12/2017) - Books for Parents AND Children; Parents' Little Helper; Ordinary People Change the World; Ask Nicole: 10 Tips for Positive Parenting; Christine: Asthma Triggered by Thunderstorms; Places to Go!
- January 5, 2017 (01/05/2017) - No Nonsense Resolutions; Walking: Trim Your Waistline; New Child Car Seat Law; Articles to Expand Our Thinking...Christine: Your Kids Need to Lose; Places to Go!
- December 29, 2016 (12/29/2016) - Connecting with "Strangers"; First Day Hikes! Preview A Hike; Get your hands wet! Steve Let it shine, let it shine; Places to Go!
- December 22, 2016 (12/22/2016) - Learn Anything in Four Steps with The Feynman Technique; Winter Solstice Shadows; First Day, A Perfect Day for Family Hikes; 70 Books to Make You Feel Hopeful... Places to Go!
- December 15, 2016 (12/15/2016) - All of Them! Books to Treasure; Easy Christmas Crinkle Cookies; Mud Soup; Places to Go!
- December 8, 2016 (12/08/2016) - Best Science Books; Ami Chen-Mills: "Presence"; Ask Nicole: Your Presence is the Best Present; Suki Reviews "Captain Fantastic" & Rewrites the Ending! Unlocking Dyslexia
Places to Go!
- December 1, 2016 (12/01/2016) - Museums Bring the World to Us; The Kids Should See This! The Future of the Past; More Museum Delights!
Places to Go!
- November 23, 2016 (11/23/2016)
- November 17, 2016 (11/17/2016) - Make a Difference; Writing; Don't Neglect Cursive Wrting! Suki reviews "Raising Human Beings" Accidental Cranberry Cauliflower Gratin
- November 10, 2016 (11/10/2016) - "A Grateful Nation Remembers"; What the Founders Thought About the Value of a 'Classical' Education; Supermoon Nov 14th! Christine: A New Pain Killer - Alpha Brain Waves
- November 3, 2016 (11/03/2016)
- October 27, 2016 (10/27/2016) - Boo!! Music - Good for What Ails Us! Christine: Teaching Kids to Graph; PDCR: Positive Time Out vs. Punitive Time Outs; 9 Skills they Don't Teach in School (but should)
- October 20, 2016 (10/20/2016)
- 10/13/2016 (10/13/2016)
- October 13, 2016 (10/13/2016) - Christine: Solve A Problem - Hackaday; Where the Pumpkin Patches Are; Jack O'Lantern Inspiration;
Perfectly Spiced Pumpkin Scones; How Schools Can Soften the Blow of Sixth Grade; 7 Ways to Fix Bad Behavior; Preserve Jack O'Lanterns
- October 6, 2016 (10/06/2016) - Beautiful Train Garden Open House; Where the Pumpkin Patches Are; Book: The Sound of Silence; Positive Discipline Tip: Listening Skills; Suki: Looking Past the Thorns;
- September 29, 2016 (09/29/2016) - Allay the Children's Fears with Positive Action; Halloween Craft: Make little friends! Santa Cruz County Fire Department: Dangers in Paradise; Ways to Volunteer to Help Victims of the Loma Prieta Fire; Ask Nicole: Becoming a New Parent
- September 22, 2016 (09/22/2016) - This is Beautiful; Interactive Constitution App;
Christine: Sleep and Repetition Help Learning;
Sit With Us
- September 15, 2016 (09/15/2016) - 2016 Fair; Educational Choices in Santa Cruz County; About School Choice; Monterey Bay Birding Festival
- September 8, 2016 (09/08/2016) - Math is So Much Fun! 2016 Fair; Linda's Tips for Easy Mornings; Ask Nicole: Encouraging a Growth Mindset
- September 1, 2016 (09/01/2016) - Celebrate Labor Day; 2016 Fair Preview;
Preschool: We Get to Choose!
- August 25, 2016 (08/25/2016) - Coming Together; The Immigration Project: We Are Pajaro Valley; You can do it, baby! Why Can't I Skip My 20 Minutes of Reading Tonight?
- August 18, 2016 (08/18/2016) - Enter a Contest at the SCC Fair; The Long-Term Effects of Skipping Reading; Christine: Human Arrival in Americas - New Data
- August 11, 2016 (08/11/2016) - Ami Chen: Everybody Wants to Save the World;
Brian Chen: What's the Right Age for Children to Get A Smartphone? Ask Nicole: Teaching Children to Cope with Anxiety; Christine: The Spread of Disease; Why Your Kids Need to be Bored
- August 4, 2016 (08/04/2016) - Savor Summer; Communication YesDivorce No!
Personal Identity, Family Structure, and Identity Politics; What are you doing to nurture your creativity? Christine: Sequoyah and the Cherokee Language
- July 28, 2016 (07/28/2016) - Pokemon -Moderation! How to Play Pokemon; Pokemon Go Safety Tips; Aargh/Yeah Pokemon! Choosing A Guardian for Your Child; Children's Art from The Art Factory's Summer Camps
- July 21, 2016 (07/21/2016) - Learn About Tidepool Illustrating; Suki: 11 Steps to Guiding Difficult Gifted Kids; Interesting Reads; Night at the Museum
- July 14, 2016 (07/14/2016) - Ask Nicole: Making the Most of Summertime;
Santa Cruz Police: Free Online Bike Registration;
Dali17 Museum is Open; Tweens & Teens Go Backpacking In Yosemite
- July 7, 2016 (07/07/2016) - Mighty Fine Mentors and Leaders for Our Children; Soccer Brings People Together! Birds in our Parks; Ami: How to Enjoy Being Wrong; Christine: Antibiotics Changes Children's Gut Bacteria
- June 30, 2016 (06/30/2016) - 4th of July Events; Independence and Responsibility; Teen Safety Academy; The United States Constitution: A Graphic Adaptation; A Good Read: Callings
- June 23, 2016 (06/23/2016) - 4th of July Events; About Sharks; Seymour: Shark Science Week; Suki The Value of Competition; Wild West Art Show; Christine: Can You See the Milky Way?
- Summer Camp Guide June 2016 (06/19/2016) - Just the Camps!
- June 16, 2016 (06/16/2016) - Gardening and Art Go Together; Happy Fathers Day; Suki Resets; GAME ON: READ! WOLF School DIY Family Camp; Happy Birthday to The Tannery; Greenhouse Growers Open House Tour
- June 9, 2016 (06/09/2016) - The Dark Side; Find it on SantaCruzParent.com: Resources; Christine: Painkillers May Prolong Pain;
Re-thinking Mental Health; Santa Cruz Police: PRIDE
- June 3, 2016 (06/03/2016) - Celebrate World Oceans Day; Find it on SantaCruzParent.com; Ask Nicole: Celebrating Dads; Positive Discipline: How to Avoid Pampering; Christine: Children Sleep Through Smoke Alarms; Triple P June Classes
- May 26, 2016 (05/26/2016) - Remembering; Memorial Day at Evergreen Cemetery;
Annie Murphy Paul: JUMP Math; Big Basin for the Kids; Sun and Protection
- May 19, 2016 (05/19/2016) - Annie Murphy Paul: Our technological ignorance; Take this Vitamin and... Salamander Search; Christine: Science in Action; San Lorenzo River Symposium
- Summer Camp Guide May 2016 (05/14/2016) - The Adventure of Camping; What if we gave them all the science they wanted? 6 Children's Books to Read Before They Become Movies; Kids to Parks Day. May 21; Summer Reading Rhythms at the Libraries; Keep Camp in Summer; Summer Festivals
- Summer Camp Guide May 2016 (05/14/2016) - The Adventure of Camping; What if we gave them all the science they wanted? 6 Children's Books to Read Before They Become Movies; Kids to Parks Day. May 21; Summer Reading Rhythms at the Libraries; Keep Camp in Summer; Summer Festivals
- May 12, 2016 (05/12/2016) - For Dinosaur Fans; Ami: Everyday Satsang;
Steve: Surrender Your Agenda; Bike to School / Work Day
- May 5, 2016 (05/05/2016) - Happy Mother's Day; Positive Discipline: One Word Parenting Tip; Suki: Favorite Picture Books; Ask Nicole: Taking Care of Yourself As A Parent; Bike Week May 6-13
- April 28, 2016 (04/28/2016) - Interesting Reads for Women and Girls;
Kittens are Coming! Animal Advocates Afterschool Club; Teepee Den for Children
- April 21, 2016 (04/21/2016) - Clicking; DRC: Helping Create "Positive" Time-Outs for Your Child; Suki: Woman Types into Blog Software and...Ask Nicole: Using Discipline Effectively
- Summit for the Planet 2016 (04/20/2016) - 10th Annual Summit for the Planet Walk-A-Thon and Celebration at Mount Madonna School
- 4/15/2016 (04/15/2016) - Start with a Talk about Leatherback Turtles;
Restoring California Coastal Prairies; Earth Day Santa Cruz; Watsonville Wetlands; Perfect Bee
- April 14, 2016 (04/14/2016) - Make! 10th Annual Summit for the Planet; Bouncing Back! Christine: Genetics and Epigenetics; Santa Cruz Maker Faire
- 4/12/2016 (04/11/2016) - Be a Bee Friendly Gardener; Planet Bee; The Great Pollinator Project
- Summer Camp Guide April 2016 (04/11/2016) - The Adventure of Camping; Day Camps; The Arts;
Science Camps; Sports Camps; Swim Lessons; Overnight Camps; Summer Festivals
- April 7, 2016 (04/07/2016) - 10 Things to keep in Mind When Loving a Highly Creative Person; Making Sure Mealtimes are Joyful Times! Challenges to Our Thinking; Arboretum Spring Plant Sale
- March 31, 2016 (03/31/2016) - Have fun on April Fool's Day! Lean Management Principles Applied to a Toddler; April Fools!
Christine: Shining a New Light on the Dodo; Balinese Dance: I Gede Oka Artha Negara
- March 24, 2016 (03/24/2016) - Tomatoes and Bees; Relationships and How Our Formative Family Dynamics Imprint Us; Christine: Viruses in Our DNA; Suki:"Inside Out," a tour of modern parenting; Welcome Home Our Bees
- March 17, 2016 (03/17/2016) - Happy St. Patrick's Day; Use the Political Season to Help Children Understand Economics; Letting Happiness Flourish In the Classroom; Christine: Long Term Drought Impact; Archeology Work Day
- March 10, 2016 (03/10/2016) - Glorious Theatre; Ami Chen: Top Six Parenting Tips; Ask Nicole: Parenting in a Digital World;
Suki: Healthy Writing Habits for Children; The Kinsey African American Art & History Collection
- March 3, 2016 (03/03/2016) - A Recipe for Nourishment; The Math Myth; Classic Children's Movie Night, Little Lord Fauntleroy (1936)
- February 25, 2016 (02/25/2016) - Literary Dessert For Parents; 5 Ways to Prepare Your Kids for College; Back Packing Adventures with CA State Parks Pros; View the Babies at Elkhorn Slough! A Letter from Jacqueline Winspear and A Book for Parents
- February 18, 2016 (02/18/2016) - It's My Birthday! A Leap Year Is... Santa Cruz Mini Maker Faire; Suki: Favorite Board Books
- February 11, 2016 (02/11/2016) - Happy Valentine's Day; Presidents' Day; A Leader Mentors Leaders; Steve: Real Quality Time
- February 4, 2016 (02/04/2016) - Tips on Using Encouragement... Different from Praise; Punny Valentines; Harry Potter Party Night;
Suki: The Back and Forth We Need
- January 28, 2016 (01/28/2016) - Poetic Science; How Successful Couples Fight; Christine: The Citizen Scientist; The Great Courses Available!
- January 21, 2016 (01/21/2016) - Will you be dancing?; Teaching Honesty; Caldecott Winners 2016; SSSSSSSSolstice Fest at the Arboretum
- January 14, 2016 (01/14/2016) - Positivity; Steve: Magical Confidence; Ask Nicole: Positive Parenting Awareness Month; A Science Topic for Dinner with the Children; Celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King
- January 7, 2016 (01/07/2016) - Locals do schooling better! Perspectives on Education; A Science Topic for Dinner with the Children; Fun for the Weekend; After-school Classes
- December 30, 2015 (12/30/2015) - One Apple A Day! Steve: The Turning of the Year: 9 Recommendations; Dave Ramsey: 16 Money Trends We'll See in 2016; Reminder...because these work;
Relax at Home with a Good Book New Year's Eve Gala
- December 23, 2015 (12/23/2015) - Merry Christmas to You! Science says parents of successful kids have these 11 things in common;
Kids + Sleep: A Necessary Pairing
- December 17, 2015 (12/17/2015)
- December 9, 2015 (12/09/2015) - Books Make Lasting Gifts; Ami: Giving Presence; Give the best: Classics! Jingle Shells Arts and Crafts Festival; Jenny: Why Science Fiction Matters
- December 3, 2015 (12/03/2015) - Traditions; Steve: Five Themes for the Holiday Season; Books to Give and Treasure; For parents of young children; Winter Open House; Holiday Camps; Notable Children's Books of 2015
- November 25, 2015 (11/25/2015) - A California Thanksgiving; The Real Story of Thanksgiving; Suki writes a chapter book!
Family Opera: Amahl and the Night Visitors
- November 19, 2015 (11/19/2015) - Traditions; Ami Chen: What is Satsang? Can it help our families? 6 Secrets for Teaching Your Kids Contentment; Simple, Elegant Turkey Broth; Traditional Stuffing; Holiday Camps
- November 12, 2015 (11/12/2015) - Artists and Leaders; Fun Coloring Pages; A Path to Leadership; Tall Ship in "Pirates" Movie Visiting Moss Landing; Holiday Camps
- November 5, 2015 (11/05/2015) - Maria Popova: 9 Learnings from 9 Years of Brain Picking; Steve: What does your young child need this holiday season? Christine: Repetitive Learning May Not Be Good for Autism; The Magic of Capitola - En Plein Air
- October 29, 2015 (10/29/2015) - Enjoy a spooky weekend; Annie: Apps that actually help kids learn; Money, Poverty, Talking and Success; Día de los Muertos Community Festival;
Suki: The [supposed] failure of online education
Click to view our Business Directory
- Oct. 22, 2015 (10/22/2015) - Santa Cruz History Fair! Ami Chen: Trusting Our Children, Trusting Life; Suki: What is meaningful reflection and why should you do it? Christine: The 1000 Genomes Project; Avoid Halloween Meltdowns; Going trick-or-treating? Organizations at the History Fair
- Oct. 15, 2015 (10/15/2015) - Halloween Inspiration; Come visit the Rancho del Oso Nature and History Center! Birds! Of interest... Free Tutoring for Reading Comprehension; Christine: The Unexpected Makes You Think
- Oct. 8, 2015 (10/08/2015) - Prepare Ahead! Free Autism Workshop; Overcoming Autism; Ask Nicole: Raising Teens: Hovering or Guiding? Autism Resources
- October 5, 2015 (10/05/2015) - Post your school, harvest and Halloween events.
- Oct. 1, 2015 (10/01/2015) - It's my choice! Steve: Creativity requires 2 conditions: opportunity, and a feeling of safety; Suki: Risk-taking and lifelong learning; Ban or Self-Censor; Banned Books
- Sept. 24, 2015 (09/24/2015) - Love/Hate Homework; Christine: Laughter Helps Kids Learn; Top Five Reasons Why Your Child Hates Homework; Suki: What happens when you get stressed out? September is National Preparedness Month; Opinions on Homework
- Sept. 17, 2015 (09/17/2015) - About Testing; Annie: Improving students with every test; Read and Ask Questions; Suki: The Joy of Blogging; You at the Fair! Constitution Day
- Sept. 10, 2015 (09/10/2015) - New Show at the Fair: Twinkle Time; A Big Reason to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Our Children; Suki: Learning to live with your biology; Ask Nicole: Ready, Set, Back to School! Seymour Community Free Day
- Sept. 3, 2015 (09/03/2015) - We Are A Nation of Workers; Coco - Honoring a Loved One; Positive Discipline: Family Meetings; Brainfuse - Homework Help
- Business 9/1/2015 (09/01/2015) - Reach Santa Cruz County families. Post fall classes and school events now!
- Aug. 27, 2015 (08/27/2015) - Good People, Bad People and the Rest of Us; Setting the Reading Example with Quality Selections; Locking Down Your Data; Full Moon Madness Astronomy Night; Setting Up for Full Moon Madness Night
- Aug. 20, 2015 (08/20/2015) - Back to School: Sleep... Separation Anxiety... Thriving in College...Bedtime Stories for Young Brains; Suki: Talking About Internet Safety; Meet Nature Lovers at Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History; Free Live Animal Show & Birthday Celebration!
- Aug. 13, 2015 (08/13/2015) - Super Librarian; Dave Ramsey: Organize Your Home for the Back-To-School Season; Christine: Changing the Theory of Evolution; Brainfuse - Homework Help; Seymour: The Great Tidepool; Santa Cruz Public Libraries: Kids Learn
- Aug. 6, 2015 (08/06/2015) - Cabrillo Music Festival; Church Street Festival Creativity Tent for Kids; Christine: Sand Dollars; Ask Nicole: tips for New Parents
- July 30, 2015 (07/30/2015) - Helping Children Regain Emotional Safety After a Tragedy; Free Gun Locks Available at SC Police Department; Suki: On Manufactured Non- Controversies; Guided Backpacking Adventures
- July 23, 2015 (07/23/2015) - On Kindness; "Aunt Margaret lives WHERE?" The Festival of the Book Returns... Good Reads for Parents and Young Adults; Two for the Kids
- July 16, 2015 (07/16/2015) - Can listening to bird songs make you a good listener? Suki reminds us to beware the dangers of sand; Lynda and Kidz Backpack Project; Ask Nicole: When Can I Leave My Child Home Alone? California Rodeo
- July 9, 2015 (07/09/2015)
- July 1, 2015 (07/01/2015) - Happy Birthday America! 4th of July Happenings; 4th of July Reads; Shark Week; Suki: "Inside Out", a tour of modern parenting; Christine: Keeping Your Kids Hydrated
- June 25, 2015 (06/25/2015) - Let's Keep Talking; Motherlode: More Play or More Academics for Kindergarten? Suki: In Praise of Adult Ed' A Simple Question; Lavendar Fridays
- June 18, 2015 (06/18/2015) - What Dads Want; Films about Being A Dad; Suki: Homeschooling High School; How to Entertain Children in the Car; Summer Family Concert Series: The Banana Slug String Band; Car Traveling Tips
- Your Camp on Our Calendar! (06/15/2015) - Post your camp on the Santa Cruz Parent online calendar!
- June 11, 2015 (06/11/2015) - Magical Nighttime; Twilight Hike - Nocturnal Animal Senses; Steve: That Same Story Again and Again; Santa Cruz County Parks & Rec Summer Programs; Special Guest Campfire
- June 4, 2015 (06/04/2015) - Best Graduation Speeches Ever! Santa Cruz County Parks & Rec Summer Programs! Positive Discipline: Routines; Ask Nicole: Tips for Single Parents and Caregivers; Japanese Cultural Fair
- May 22, 2015 (05/22/2015) - 148th Annual Memorial Day Remembrance; Tiffany: Preparing for Jr. Lifeguard Programs; Santa Cruz County Parks & Rec Summer Programs! Sewing is Art; May Campfire Programs
- Summer Camp Guide May (05/20/2015) - The Adventure of Camping; The Arts; Science Camps; Sports Camps; Enrichment Close to the Heartbeat; Day Camps; Annual Passes Available at ParkStore Online!; Swim Lessons; FREE Friday Night Bands on the Beach; Overnight Camps; Summer Festivals
- May 14, 2015 (05/14/2015) - Teachers Interviews by Bob Edwards; Suki: A Good Word About Teenagers; Christine: Group Think Is Here: Leaders Sychronize Brains with Followers;
Local Mom, Jenni Kaye, Writes "Mommy Is a Worrywart"; Big Book Sale
- May 7, 2015 (05/07/2015) - Happy Mother's Day; Steve: What's the Big Deal About Imitation? Ask Nicole: Using Rewards as a Teaching Tool; Christine: Geology That Makes Earthquakes Worse; Paint A Picture at Wilder Ranch
- April 30, 2015 (04/30/2015) - Happy May Day; Wisdom from Martin Luther King;
Triple P Launches "Passport" To Positive Parenting; Christine: Geology That Makes Earthquakes Worse; Introduction to Positive Discipline
- April 24 2015 (04/24/2015) - Summer Camp Guide; Summit for the Planet Walk-a-thon and Earth Day Celebration; MOD: How to Bee Magnetic!; Christine: Let ADHD Boys Wiggle; Camps; Omega Nu's 25th Annual Ducky Derby
- Summer Camp Guide (04/23/2015) - The Adventure of Camping; The Arts; Science Camps; Sports Camps; Enrichment Close to the Heartbeat; Day Camps; Annual Passes Available at ParkStore Online!; Swim Lessons; FREE Friday Night Bands on the Beach; Overnight Camps; Summer Festivals
- Summit for the Planet (04/21/2015) - 9th Annual Summit for the Planet Walk-A-Thon and Celebration - April 25th
- April 16, 2015 (04/16/2015) - Follow Your Bliss; Community Walk-a-thon and Artful Upcycling; Teaching Students How to Talk Less and Think More; Guide to Being Awesome; A Stellar Experience
- April 9, 2015 (04/09/2015) - Simplicity Parenting; About Engineering;
Steve: "Play Ball" Baseball Season Is Upon Us;
Christine: Sound Waves Extinguish Fire; Nine Essential Parenting Tips from a Mom of Five
Spring & Summer Camps
- April 2, 2015 (04/02/2015) - Ask Nicole: 30 Days of Quality Time; Suki: Hitting the Sweet Spot at the Science Fair; Spring & Summer Camps; Easter In Santa Cruz County; Whale Watch Month
- March 26, 2015 (03/26/2015) - Mindfulness and Compassion in Education; Annie: Your Brain on Fiction; Christine: Water Insecurity;
27th Annual Santa Cruz Bonsai Show
- March 19, 2015 (03/19/2015) - College or ?; Today's College Degree: Still a Good Investment; College on Campus or Online for Your Children. Christine: Ladybugs; Sheep to Shawl; Fungus Foray
- March 5, 2015 (03/05/2015) - Ask Nicole: Tips for Raising Teens; Christine: Cat Science for the Internet Crowd; Hummingbird Days; 4 Tips for a Healthy Sleep Routine for Daylight Savings Time; MAH: Define American
- February 26, 2015 (02/26/2015) - No Garbage Literature; Ami Chen-Mills: State of Mind and Parenting: More Essential Than We Thought?; Christine: Girls with ADHD Different Than Boys; About the Penderwicks; Family Concert - Peter and the Wolf Rhythms of Life
- February 19, 2015 (02/19/2015) - Nourishing Talent; Dear Genius; Learn Local History While Volunteering; Christine: Tea Can Move Upstream; Steve: The King of the Giraffes; Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour
- February 12, 2015 (02/12/2015) - Make Your Own Valentines, Inspiration from Pinterest; LitWits: Sunshine on My Shoulders
Alpha Mom's Homemade Bird Feeder; Christine: Nature or Nurture in Extrovert Honeybees; Dear Genius
- February 5, 2015 (02/05/2015) - Building Resilience, Self-discipline and a Zest for Life in Children and Teenagers; How to Do Nothing...How to Do Nothing...; Ask Nicole: Managing Fickle Friendships During Adolescence; Christine: Nature or Nurture in Extrovert Honeybees; Code Red Emergency Notification System
Seymour Community Free Day
- January 29, 2015 (01/29/2015) - Bertrand Russell on Boredom's Merits; Christine: The Goldilocks Zone; Six Words You Should Say Today; Help Handling Tantrums from Positive Discipline Resource Community; Wild Things - Wildlife Photography by Steve Mandel
- January 22, 2015 (01/22/2015) - NASA for Children and Teachers; Dads Making a Difference in Our Community; Suki: On Brain Understanding and Mental Health; Christine: A1100 - Artificial Intelligence and Us; Fun Musicals by Students this Weekend
- January 15, 2015 (01/15/2015) - In, Out or Both! Organizing Family Photos;
Snowflakes; Suki: Not Plants, Not Animals, But Full of Life; Astronomy in 2015; Whales, Science, and Scientific Whaling
- January 8, 2015 (01/08/2015) - Arana Gulch Dedication and Ribbon Cutting; Suki: Decelerated Reader; Steve: New Resolve; Meet Falconer Kenny Elvin; Ask Nicole: January is Positive Parenting Awareness Month; Seymour Community Free Day
- December 31, 2014 (12/31/2014) - First Day Hikes; First Night Monterey; Auld Lang Syne; FIRST NIGHT MONTEREY 2014
- December 24, 2014 (12/24/2014) - A Life Worth Living: Guided Elephant Seal Walks
- December 19, 2014 (12/19/2014) - About Santa; 10 Reasons Why Handheld Devices Should Be Banned for Children Under Age 12;
Christine: Audubon Christmas Bird Count; Women at Work: A Guide for Men; Make Dioramas! Toy Trains 2014
- December 11 2014 (12/11/2014) - A Dickens of a Weekend; Steve: Finding Your Expert; Suki: Mushroom Magic;
Ask Nicole: Teaching gratitude every day of the year; Christine: Zooniverse - Something for Every Citizen Scientist; Think Local: Shop Local for the Holidays; A Boomer Christmas
- December 4. 2014 (12/04/2014) - Let's Go for a Walk; Relax at Home with a Good Book ... Solstice Gala; Suki: Mommy Brain; Seasons of Gratitude and Generosity; Christine: Happy Babies Learn Better; Downtown Santa Cruz - Holiday Parade
- November 26. 2014 (11/26/2014) - The Real Story of Thanksgiving; Keeping the Magic in Holidays; Suki: On Digital Education; hristine: Sunlight Reduces Nearsightedness in Kids; Ice Skating at Circle of Palms; Jeff: Capture a Memorable Group Photo
- November 20. 2014 (11/20/2014) - Dancing Into Thanksgiving; Irene at KidPower Shares Tips for Making Holidays Go Well; Suki: Parenting in a Striving Culture; Don't Let Colleges Snooker You; Contra Dancing
- November 13. 2014 (11/13/2014) - Paternity Leave: The Rewards and the Remaining Stigma; Infant Sleep Safety: The Untold Story;
Suki: Halloween Sad Face; MOD Grand Opening and Library Fall Book Sale
- November 7. 2014 (11/07/2014) - Quality Farming; How to Make Butter; Viva: Five Sites That Will Earn You Money for Your School or Charity; Jeffery Luhn: Secret Trick for Getting A Swing Shot; Ask Nicole: Parenting A Child with Special Needs; Ag History Pop Up Museum
- October 30. 2014 (10/30/2014) - A Wacky, Fun Weekend!; How to Deal with the Halloween Candy Dilemma; Steve: What About Manners? Suki: "You're Not the Boss of Me" Jeffery Luhn: Picture Your Children; Grand Parties!
- October 23. 2014 (10/23/2014) - Trying on New Personas; Six Ways to Raise and Nurture a Young Entrepreneur; Viva: Cash-Only Part VI: The Wrapup; HERITAGE HARVEST FESTIVAL; Halloween & Harvest Festivities
- October 16. 2014 (10/16/2014) - Experiencing History; Prehistoric Cave Art; Viva: Save Money with Cash Back Sites; Steve: Stories for Difficult Times
- October 9. 2014 (10/09/2014) - Adventures; Gluten-free Flours including Oat Flour! Yep it's true! How do schools kill creativity? Steve: "Standing in front of children" Open Studios in Santa Cruz; Delicious Recipes from Lauren
- October 2, 2014 (10/02/2014) - Labels Require Vigilance; Steve introduces Rick Hanson: Grow Inner Strengths; Ask Nicole: Setting limits for my child; Suki: The Comfortable Closets We Live In; Open Studios
- September 25, 2014 (09/25/2014) - Purpose; Annie: A Purpose for Learning; A Must Read: A Deadly Warning, A Tale of Tragedy and Redemption in the Age of Attention; Suki: A grown-up Harry Potter for me and you; Viva: Paleo Weekly Meal Plan; Elkhorn Slough Reserve Open House & Native Plant Fair
- September 24. 2014 (09/24/2014)
- September 18, 2014 (09/18/2014) - Sewing Art; Parents Comment on Homework; The "Experts" on Homework; Suki: Teach Your Children Well; Mole & Mariachi Festival
- September 11, 2014 (09/11/2014) - See You at the Fair! Kidpower Founder Irene van der Zande's Personal Favorite Books; Steve: 10 Essential Picture Books for Young Children; The Art Factory Welcomes New Teacher of Textile Arts Class; Sew It Grow It Show It!
- September 4, 2014 (09/04/2014) - When you're having fun...; A Good Principal;
MOD, Santa Cruz Children's Museum of Discovery, Has a New Home! Gateway Welcomes a New Head of School; Ask Nicole: Practical solutions to everyday parenting challenges; Viva: Startling Diaper Facts; How many of the over 200 bird species can you spot?
- August 28, 2014 (08/28/2014) - Labor Day Celebrates Work! 5 Issues to Discuss with Tweens and Teens before They Go Back to School; Suki: Back to home/school vive la différence! Steve: Great Snakes and Short Boys; The Learning Myth: Why I'm Cautious About Telling My Son He's Smart
- August 21 2014 (08/25/2014) - Post your events on the calendar!
A nice testimonial from Makers Factory
Time Sensitive Special Ad Offer
- August 21, 2014 (08/21/2014) - Education is a Big Deal; LitWits, Reading for Fun is the Natural Way to Learn! On Competing, Teaching and Gaming; Steve: Complaining Geckos and Other Teaching Tools; Explore the Night Sky
- August 18 2014 (08/18/2014)
- August 14, 2014 (08/14/2014) - Holding Onto Summer; 7 Techniques for Conquering Back-to-School Fear; Steve: The Three Billy Goats Gruff in My Living Room; Christine: Stopping Suicide with a Blood Test
Viva: Bittman's Beets with Garlic Walnut Sauce - Paleofied
Grizzly Bear Festival
- August 7, 2014 (08/07/2014) - Competing; Suki: The Search for the Girl Scientist in Literature; Christine: Inheriting Fear; Viva: Frugal Simplicity: 99 Ways to Declutter; Tips for Helping a Child Who is Being Bullied; Sightings Close to Shore! 2nd Saturday on the Farm; Ask Nicole: Questions and Answers
- July 31, 2014 (07/31/2014) - Suki: Little-c Creativity In Our Lives;
Christine: Morality Changes with Time of Day;
Viva: Great Tips for Making Satisfying Changes;
Cabrillo Festival's Church Street Fair, Children's Art & Music Workshops
Annual Scottish Games & Celtic Festival
- July 24, 2014 (07/24/2014) - In Defense of Thomas; Suki: Parenting and Creativity or "Because I said so..." Christine: Yardmap, Citizen Science; Viva: That Extra 30 Cents... Festival of the Book Sunday!
- July 17, 2014 (07/17/2014) - Take a Hike, or At Least a Walk; Hiking Tips from Wilderness.org; Christine: Dyscalculia - Dyslexia with Numbers; Viva: Paleo Weekly Meal Plan;
Science Sunday: Mapping Marine Mammal Health
- July 10, 2014 (07/10/2014) - The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet; Christine: Are Teens Crazy? Viva: Purge the Pantry; Suki: Legendary Learning; All About Theatre: Annie Jr.
- July 3, 2014 (07/03/2014) - Happy Birthday America!
- June 26, 2014 (06/26/2014) - Celebrate the 4th of July! Suki: Focus on the Positive; Steve: Looking for a Middle Path;
Watermelon Drink for Kids or Adults! If you must have cake... Grilled Strawberry Cake Kebob; Seafood Foraging Class
- June 19, 2014 (06/19/2014) - Prescription for a Great Summer; Suki: My Essential Children's Library; An Enchanting Book List; Christine: Art Exercises the Brain;
Annual Passes Now Available at Park Store Online!
- Summer Camp Guide (06/17/2014) - Pool Party & World's Largest Swim Lesson; Science Camps; Annual Park Passes; Day Camps; FREE Movies on the Beach; Unique Focus Camps; Beach Boardwalk Friday Concerts; The Arts; Overnight Camps; Capitola by the Sea Summer Music; Summer $1 Movies
Swim Lessons; Sports Camps; Summer Festivals
- June 12, 2014 (06/12/2014) - Do Fathers Matter?" Chickens to Whales; Summer Reading at the Library; Suki: The Snopes Childhood
Christine: Stealing Back a Satellite;
Graduates' Choices Have Consequences; Vision Boards for Teens at the Art Factory; Disentangling Whales
- June 5, 2014 (06/05/2014)
- New Mailing 06/05/2014 (06/05/2014)
- June 2014 (06/04/2014)
- May 29, 2014 (05/29/2014) - Food for Thought; Christine: The World's Most Important Problem; Raising A Moral Child; Viva: Five Best Food Apps for iPhones and Android;
- May 22, 2014 (05/22/2014) - We Remember; Annie: With work, less is more; Viva: Save Money on Organic Groceries Part II; Christine: 3-DFossils; Shrek the Musical; President Reagan's 1986 Memorial Day Speech at Arlington National Cemetery
- May 15, 2014 (05/15/2014) - Raising Readers Begins with Parents; On Reading; Fast ForWord; Suki: The Sleepless Season; Elite colleges don't buy happiness for graduates; Whale of An Auction; Sanctuary Celebration; Comments on Reading Articles
- May 8, 2014 (05/08/2014) - Happy Mother's Day; Annie Murphy Paul: Doing Things Differently; Steve: Play is the Secret Ingredient; Suki: Separating Individuals from the Crowd; Viva: Save Money On Organic Groceries; 12th Annual Day on the Farm
- Camps May 1, 2014 (05/01/2014) - The Adventure of Camping; Pool Party & World's Largest Swim Lesson; Unique Focus Camps; Growing Up Wild; Overnight Camps; Why DayCamp Matters
Day Camps; Cell phones at summer camp?; Science Camps; Tiffany: Swim Safely and Make History; Swim Lessons; The Arts; Sports Camps; Summer Festivals
- May 1, 2014 (05/01/2014) - Happy May Day; Helping Teens Make Decisions; Fast ForWord with SpeechRighter; Suki: Why We're Homeschooling Highschool; MOD is Popping Up Everywhere!
- April 24, 2014 (04/24/2014) - Spring! Christine: Dealing with Bad Memories;
Steve: Navigating the Terrible Twos - When your 2-year-old says "No"; SpeechRighter; Lorraine: Spring Cleaning
"This Land Is Your Land" Camping and Recreation Festival
- April 17, 2014 (04/17/2014) - Suki: Unreasonable Expectations Part 2; Christine: Postpartum Depression in Fathers; For Parents of Juniors and Seniors; Summit for the Planet ~ Saturday, April 26
- New Mailing 04/17/2014 (04/17/2014)
- April 16, 2014 (04/16/2014)
- April 11, 2014 (04/11/2014) - A Riff on "No"; Feel-Good Fundraising: Summit for the Planet; Steve: The Importance of Saying "No"; Suki: Unreasonable Expectations, Part 1; Ask Nicole: Practical solutions to everyday parenting challenges
- Camps April 10, 2014 (04/10/2014) - The Adventure of Camping; Is Overnight Camp the Right Option? Cell phones at summer camp? Get Ready! Why Day Camp Matters
Overnight Camps, Day Camps, Science Camps. Get Ready! Swim Lessons, The Arts, Unique Focus Camps
- April 3, 2014 (04/03/2014)
- March 27, 2014 (03/27/2014) - Ease into Writing! Christine: Mathematics & Art;
For an Artful Spring Break! Children's Circus By and For Children!
- March 20, 2014 (03/20/2014) - Is Kindergarten Too Hard? Or Not Hard Enough?
Christine: Pink Fairy Armadillo
The Little Mermaid
- March 13, 2014 (03/13/2014) - Introducing Children to Bridge; How to Play Bridge; Steve: "How to Handle a Homewrecker (in Kindergarten)"; Christine: What is Human? Neanderthal Genes Exist In Most Humans; Summer Camp Previews!
- March 6, 2014 (03/06/2014) - Introducing Children to Little Creatures; "I Want To Wear My Tutu"; Christine: Children's Nightmares May Indicate Future Problems; Lorraine: "Create Your Closeness Criteria";
Suki: Parenting Tip #324: Don't Be Indispensable; Summer Camp Previews; Salamander Saturday and Newt Night
- February 27, 2014 (02/27/2014) - Suki: Forging New Teacher Relationships forYour Twice Exceptional Child; Christine: Adult Onset Cystic Fibrosis; Annie: Make Your Morning Creative; Seymour Community Free Day; Me or I
- February 24, 2014 (02/24/2014) - Hows Your Memory? Remember Like An Actor; Christine: Top of Mount Everest is Bottom of Ocean; The Biology of Memory;
- February 13, 2014 (02/13/2014) - Doggone Good Parenting!; 6 Annoying Things Your Children Do that Are Actually Good for Them; Christine: A New Kind of Fracking; Do you speak math with your kids?; Ask Nicole: Practical solutions to everyday parenting challenges; Romance In the Redwoods Weekend
- February 10, 2014 (02/10/2014) - Summer Camp Promotion for Camp Directors
- February 6, 2014 (02/06/2014) - Books We Return To Again And Again (And Again)- Readers' Favorites; Christine : Making Peanut Allergies Less Dangerous; Common Core Facts and Opinions; Valentine Inspiration; Connect with Nature Winter Series
- January 30, 2014 (01/30/2014) - Go Play!; The Changing Nature of School Recess; Christine : Fevers Can Be Good; Suki: Getting Body, Heart and Soul Back; Lorraine: Stop Doing For Others What They Can Do For Themselves; Quail Hollow Ranch: A Child's Victorian Tea Party
- 1/23/2014 (01/23/2014) - Winter Perks for Parents
- January 23, 2014 (01/23/2014) - Equality of Opportunity; A Class Divide: Then and Now; Christine : New Views Into Asthma; Suki: what's a Parent to Do About Health and Diet?; All About Theatre: The Drowsy Chaperone; Mount Madonna: Self-Discovery and Empowerment: Legally Blonde; Whalefest Monterey
- January 15, 2014 (01/15/2014) - Great Books; What's Up Little Tyke?; Christine : Reading Changes Your Brain; Suki: Neither Good Nor Bad, but Different; Science Sunday: Remember the Titans
- January 9, 2014 (01/09/2014) - Creativity Flourishes at Independent Schools; Christine : Too Much Praise is Bad for Kids with Low Self-Esteem; Lorraine: "Re-Parent Yourself"; Second Saturday on the Farm
- January 2, 2014 (01/02/2014) - Choose One Only!; Which School?; Christine: Science Story of the Year: 3-D Printing; Ask Nicole; Annual Holiday Lego Extravaganza
- December 24, 2013 (12/24/2013) - Merry Christmas! Tin Can Luminaaria; Winter Solstice; Toy Trains at MAH
- December 11, 2013 (12/11/2013) - The Joy of Making Things; Ask Nicole: Practical solutions to everyday parenting challenges; Mad Hatters holiday Tea Party; 2013 Children's Literature Award Winners; Twelve Books of Christmas
- December 4, 2013 (12/04/2013) - Playing History; Simulating History: WWI Trench Warfare Lesson; A Secret Santa gift circle is a great way to stay in-budget for the holidays. Suki: Enter the Big Girl; Family Day: Sharks - Secrets Revealed
- November 27, 2013 (11/26/2013) - Being with Family is the Gift! The Real Story of Thanksgiving; Enter to Win Free Tickets to Angelina the Ballerina; Suki: Book Review: Make Your Worrier a Warrior; Christine: Female Competition; Workshops for Children
- November 20, 2013 (11/20/2013) - Questioning History with Children; Helping Children Become Giving and Generous; Lorraine:"Take Care of YOU So You Can Take Care of Your Family"; Ice Skating at Circle of Palms; Christine: Immune System Linked to Circadian Clock
- November 13, 2013 (11/13/2013) - Giving Time; Five Flu Fighting foods; Adopt-A-Family Holiday Project & Toys for Tots Events
Volunteer to help the Annual Interactive Toy Train Exhibit at MAH; Why should I shop locally?
Seymour Science Sunday: About Bald Eagles
- November 9, 2013 (11/08/2013)
- November 7, 2013 (11/07/2013) - We are Social; Annie Murphy Paul: The Power of Interest; Christine: Sometimes Science Doesn't Know; History.com on Veterans Day; "Mughal Miniatures: Tales of Love"
- October 31, 2013 (10/31/2013) - Reality catches up with fiction! Suki: Homeschooling Mom's [All Parents] Bill of Rights; Christine: Sometimes Science Doesn't Know; Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming; Bay Area Science Festival
- October 24, 2013 (10/24/2013) - Halloween Fire Safety Tips; How to Carve a Pumpkin
Halloween Ball for All Ages; Suki: On Finding and Forgetting; Christine: The Wallace Line; Tips for Parent Teacher Meetings
- October 17, 2013 (10/17/2013) - Robots and Us! Suki: Not Another Damsel in Distress; Christine: Turkey Vultures; Harvest Festival and Draft Horse Day
- October 9, 2013 (10/09/2013) - More Smart Learning Strategies; Suki: Talk to Your Kids; Celebrate 100 Years of Wharf History; Christine: What are Tears? Ask Nicole!
- October 3, 2013 (10/03/2013) - Family Friendly Mole & Mariachi Festival; Suki: A Question of Scale; Christine: Parasites Can Change Your Behavior! Ask Nicole!
- September 26, 2013 (09/26/2013) - Put Down that Highlighter! Fall Harvest Festival
Suki: From Homeschool to School; Christine: Mutated All Over; Viva: Daily Routines; Lorraine: Is your child hearing you the first time?
- September 18, 2013 (09/18/2013) - Homework: Quality or Useless? What Makes Homework Good Homework? Suki: A Year Long Social Science Experiment; Christine: Square Corners in Nature; A Constitution Quiz; Galloping Giraffes & Other Stories; The Answers to the Constitution Quiz
- September 12, 2013 (09/11/2013) - Santa Cruz County Fair; Sawubona Ngikhona - Learning Journey; Suki: A Year Long Social Science Experiment; Christine: New Information on Depression in Men
- September 4, 2013 (09/04/2013) - Get in the Fair Mood! Angelina Ballerina the Musical Tickets on Sale! Suki: A Behavioral Diet Toolkit; Christine: Echolocation; Lorraine: Heartache Prevention Now; Ask Nicole
- Aug. 30, 2013 (08/30/2013)
- August 28, 2013 (08/28/2013) - Young Adult Literature; Suki: Unschooling School; Christine: Our Sun Destroying a Comet; Lorraine: "Listen So Your Child Feels Heard"
- August 22, 2013 (08/22/2013) - Life is a series of transitions; How American Homeschoolers Stand Up; Suki: When Little Kids Become Big Kids; A Parent Letting Go; 50 Best Books for New Teachers; Christine: How Stain Works; Lorraine: Listen; Santa Cruz Storytelling Festival
- August 15, 2013 (08/15/2013) - Appreciation; Seymour Marine Discovery Center;
Suki: Skyline to the Sea Adventure; Elkhorn Slough Photo Contest; Christine: Earthquake Protection; Lorraine: Stay Open to Your Child;
Textbooks for Less; SCC Fair Entry Guides
- August 9, 2013 (08/09/2013) - 35% Of Us Keep Learning; Suki: Getting Together with the Tribe; Christine: New Discoveries for Voyager 1;Lorraine: Let Them Go!; Great Books Online Course Monterey Peninsula College
Live Raptors Visit!
- August 1, 2013 (08/01/2013) - 22 Things Happy People Do Differently; Lynda and Kidz Backpack Project; Suki: Hurrah for a Well Earned Week; Christine: Stopping Mosquitoes...the Easy Way; Lorraine: Refrain from over-helping...
Monterey Bay Strawberry Festival
- July 31, 2013 (07/31/2013)
- July 29, 2013 (07/29/2013)
- July 25, 2013 (07/26/2013) - Autism Conference Featuring Dr. Temple Grandin
Enjoy the Summer; Suki: Book Review: Searching for Meaning; Christine: Science Says "Don't Lie to Your Kids"; Bugs, Penguins or Bats! Guest Leaders at Autism Conference
- July 18 2013 (07/18/2013) - Putting Up; My Homeschool Prodigy; A few spaces available...Parenting Mission from Lorraine: Inspire your child without Being a NAG; Christine: Mammals Can Choose Gender of Offspring
Outstanding Summer Reading Lists from Chase; Collegiate School; Life isnât always a beach when it comes to summertime parenting; Bread and Butter Pickles from Smokey; Wacky Water Day
- July 11, 2013 (07/11/2013) - Hiking and Reading; Ten things you should bring on every hike; Next Step for Serious Hiking Families; Backpack Projects! Process or Product? Which is the Best Way? Parenting Mission from Lorraine: Pay attention to you! Christine: Silver Improves Antibiotics; Outstanding Summer Reading Lists from Chase Collegiate School; Second Saturday on the Farm "Games and Grilling"
- July 3, 2013 (07/03/2013) - Happy Independence Day; The Declaration of Independence; Christine: 2000 Year Old Concrete Still the Best; Parenting Mission from Lorraine;
Annie Murphy Paul: A Simple Way to Push Back Against the "Summer Slide"; C Independence Day Celebrations
- June 27, 2013 (06/27/2013) - Getting Ready for a Red, White and Blue Birthday Party; 4th of July Celebrations; Suki: From Soccer to Leadership; Christine: Big Brain, Open Source Biology; Patriotic Sing; Babysitting Basics with DeFib This
- June 20, 2013 (06/20/2013) - Super Moon Weekend; Pithy Parenting Nuggets from Nicola Call; Suki: Family travel to Troubled Places; Christine: How Invisibility Works; Sensational Snakes
- June 13, 2013 (06/13/2013) - Reading IS delicious! Feeling Glad About Dad; Suki: UC Scout curriculum: a new option for homeschoolers; Christine: Printing Food; Reading Is So Delicious! Reading is So Rewarding! Juneteenth Celebration;
- June 5, 2013 (06/05/2013) - Wilder Ranch Farm Animal Program Volunteers Needed! Suki: Book review: The Explosive Child;
Christine: Cellphones and Brains; World Oceans Day
- May 30, 2013 (05/30/2013) - Suki: What kind of homeschooling parent would you be? Christine: Scratching the Itch; Why It's Harder To Improve Students' Reading Than Their Math; Seahorse Swim School Invites You to a Pool Party
- May 23, 2013 (05/24/2013)
- May 23, 2013 (05/24/2013)
- May 16, 2013 (05/16/2013) - A Day on the Farm; Suki: Coddling, Indulging, Nurturing, Supporting; Christine: Brain Connections; Great Resources for Teachers & Parents from Nicola Call; Rejuvenation Festival
- Camps May 2013 (05/13/2013) - Summer Camps & Programs, Festivals & Fun
- May 9, 2013 (05/09/2013) - Family Science Fun; No Child Left Indoors; Day on the Farm; Suki: Recognizing Childhood Asthma; Holistic Family Nutrition; Christine: Brain Connections; AgriCulture: Land & People
- May 3, 2013 (05/03/2013) - Suki: Helping Teens Navigate MOOCS
Christine: Mom's Arms Best for Babies
Families in Nature Seasonal Adventures
- Camps 2013 with Festivals (04/24/2013) - Summer Camps & Programs, Festivals & Fun
- April 18, 2013 (04/18/2013) - Community Walk-a-thon and Earth Day Celebration;
Dyslexia Simulations Interactive Workshop; Suki Reviews Books on Creativity and High Functioning Autism; Christine: Eating Chocolate to Avoid Alzheimer's; Earth Day Santa Cruz 2013
- April 13, 2013 (04/13/2013) - Parent Perks - Special Offerings for Families
- April 12, 2013 (04/12/2013) - Managing manners and meltdowns at mealtimes;
Suki: Flexibility and Ability Grouping; Christine: Serendipity! Surprising Fossil Finds Under Your Feet; Meet the 8 week old Sumatran tiger cub!
- April 10, 2013 (04/09/2013)
- April 5, 2013 (04/05/2013) - Suki: Recycling Reality; Science with Christine: Habitual Hibernators; Our Brains and Fiction; Living History Days in San Juan Bautista; Project Homeless Connect; Lady in Pink Hat
- March 28, 2013 (03/28/2013) - A Gem in our Museum Repertoire; Suki: Our Thorns and Our Gifts; Science with Christine: Earth Spin Changing; Is It OK To Place Students In âAbility Groupsâ? Watercolor Show - Best of the Central Coast, Lorraine Pursell: Bully-Proof, Raising Your Resilient Child for LIFE!
- March 22, 2013 (03/22/2013) - Flipping Our Lids; Suki: Brain Awareness Week; Science with Christine: Backwards Evolution? 27th Annual Santa Cruz PaddleFest; Santa Cruz Ballet Theatre In Concert
- March 15, 2013 (03/15/2013) - Can literature cause a society to do a 180 turn? Win tickets to Santa Cruz Ballet's Spring Concert March 23!Suki: Can We Make Our Schools Safer? Science with Christine: Eye Color; Viva: Cloth Diapering 101; Winter Wildflower Walk!
- March 8, 2013 (03/08/2013) - Daylight Savings and Bedtime: Positive Parenting can Prevent March madness; Suki: Can We Make Our Schools Safer? Science with Christine; Great Horned Owl Seeks Mate; 10-10-10 and GirlRising; Get started on Origami!
- February 27, 2013 (02/28/2013) - Childhood is About Learning to Communicate - but How? Suki: Do No Harm; How to Raise Entrepreneurial Kids; Science with Christine: Miscounting Calories
- February 22, 2013 (02/22/2013) - Music Ability Helps Reading; Suki: Dear 20 year Old Self; Designing The Classroom To Enhance Learning; Start the Day With Exercise; Quilt Show! Old Traditions, New Passions
- February 20, 2013 (02/20/2013) - Summer Camp Advertising for Camp Directors
- February 14, 2013 (02/14/2013) - Music, The Universal Language, Your Children Finding and Living Their Life Purpose, Suki: Pesticides and Child Development
- New Mailing 01/07/2013 (02/11/2013)
- February 8, 2013 (02/08/2013) - Global, Creative, and Entrepreneurial: Defining High-Quality Education; Love is in the Air... and at the Heart of Positive Parenting; Suki: Stress and Learning; Unique Crayon Valentines; Valentine's Day Brownies ... Made with Black Beans!
- February 1, 2013 (02/01/2013) - The Parents Who Worry Teachers Most, Arithmetic for Parents: A Book for Grownups about Children's Mathematics; Highly Inappropriate, Then and Now;
Family & School Science Project - Globe at Night
School, Homework & Studies from Pre-K to HS; First Art Night
- January 24, 2013 (01/24/2013) - Surprising Tips That Help Kids Learn to Read;
Why Third Grade Is So Important: The âMatthew Effectâ; Suki: A Life Photographed; Science with Christine; Beyond Talent and Smarts: Why Even Geniuses Struggle; Cheetahs on the Run
- January 17, 2013 (01/17/2013) - Disaster Preparedness; âThe 12 Secrets Parentâ ~ How to Create a Lasting, Close Bond with Your Child; Facebook thinks I Read Spanish and Other Musings About Modern Life... Science with Christine: Wrinkly Fingers in the Bathtub
- January 10, 2013 (01/10/2013) - Ag History, Top 5 Reasons to Visit the Wetlands of Watsonville, Be a Better Parent and Create a Happier Less-stressful Home, Free Puppet Play: The Tomten, Financial Resolutions for the New Year
- December 31, 2012 (12/31/2012) - Good Literature; First Day Guided Hikes; Daydreaming; Ice Skating
- December 19, 2012 (12/19/2012) - The Most Important Job on Earth, Helping Parents Help the Children, 7 Ways to Be an Emotionally Attentive Parent, Writing Contest, Toy Trains at the MAH
- December 12, 2012 (12/18/2012) - Classes make a Great Gift!
- December 13, 2012 (12/13/2012) - Happy Chanukah! Christmas in 20th Century Californio; Favorite Boy, Favorite Girl; A List of Christmas Books; How to Give Joy with Fewer Toys; Best Kids Books, 2012
- December 6, 2012 (12/06/2012) - Parenting Approaches; Enter to Win Free Tickets to the Nutcracker! Peace on Earth Can Start at Home; A Secret Santa gift circle; Attachment and Success; Holiday Train Rides
- November 30, 2012 (11/30/2012) - Being with Family is the Gift! Santa Cruz Ballet Theatre presents The Original Santa Cruz Nutcracker; "What?" Auditory Processing Disorder; A Great Way to Learn and Absorb History; Enter to Win Free Tickets to the Nutcracker! Holiday Events & Craft Fairs
- November 30, 2012 Nutcracker Correction (11/30/2012) - Correct Nutcracker Dates!!
- November 22, 2012 (11/20/2012) - Thank you!
Five Flu Fighting Foods Your Kids Will Love, Helping Children Become Giving and Generous, Holiday Lights Train
- November 15, 2012 (11/13/2012) - Independent School Fair is Tonight! Adopt-A-Family Holiday Projec,t Winter Wonderland Portrait, If you like trains... Volunteer to help the Annual Interactive Toy Train Exhibit at MAH,
Nutcracker from International Academy of Dance,
If you like tall ships from a bygone era...
- November 8, 2012 (11/08/2012) - Independent School Fair, Free Raffle for Educational Prizes, Gearing Up for the Holidays,
Science Fun with Christine: Quetzalcoatlus, Suki on Omega-3 Oils and Funding California Schools,
Grateful Kids/Grandkids Before Thanksgiving
- November 5, 2012 (11/06/2012) - November Business Update
- November 6, 2012 (11/06/2012)
- November 2, 2012 (11/02/2012) - How does Santa Cruz respond to the No Hungry Kids Act?; Teaching Science is fun!; 10 NASA Inventions You Might Use Every Day; Dia de Los Muertos at MAH; Science with Christine
- October 25, 2012 (10/25/2012) - Independent School Fair; Bullying: help, my child is the bully! An Interview with Our Newest Local Author, Suki Wessling; A Different Perspective on Bullying; Marine Masquerade
- October 18, 2012 (10/19/2012) - Suki: Crisis Healthcare; Science Fun with Christine: Hot Spots on Our World; Parenting Tips and Treats for Halloween; Go Green! GreenCare for Children Workshop; Trash to Treasure at MAH
- October 11, 2012 (10/11/2012) - Why is a Malaria Vaccine so Difficult?; Good Enough Can Be Good Enough; Earthquakes: Before, During & After; Tips for Preparing for Halloween; Keen Eyes and Curious Minds Naturalist Exhibit
- October 4, 2012 (10/04/2012) - Politics and Children; Suki: The All-Day Learning Window; Science Fun with Christine: Entire World is Aftershock Zone; Viva: Free Stuff; Dr. Terrie Williams discusses her new book, The Odyssey of KP2
- 10/1/2012 (10/01/2012)
- Halloween Promo (09/28/2012)
- Sept. 27, 2012 (09/27/2012) - Opting Out of the 'Rug Rat Race; New Leaf Barking Lot Party; Real Chemistry for Kids; Warp Drive, Here We Come!! Free Halloween Recipes; Oktoberfest Benefit for Tip the Ocean;
Fall Harvest Festival
- Sept. 20, 2012 (09/20/2012) - Enchanted Glass; Did a Meteorite Strike Wipe out the Mammoths?; The Power of a Ritual Treat; Etiquette; Teens & Texting While Driving ; Words of Kindness; Monterey Bay Youth Outdoor Day
- Sept. 13, 2012 (09/13/2012) - The Fair! Small or Large Schools? Suki: The 15-minute Learning Window; Science Fun with Christine: What is a Normal Child?; Viva: Cash Only Challenge Goes on Vacation
Day for Kids Street Carnival
- Sept. 6, 2012 (09/06/2012) - Come See the Berry Best at the Santa Cruz County Fair; Suki: Successful on Their Own Terms; Science Fun with Christine: Are Humans Born Too Early?; Santa Cruz County Fair
- Aug. 30, 2012 (08/30/2012) - Mindfulness; OPINION: Education Needs a Digital-Age Upgrade; Educational Websites for Parents and Teachers; Can We Be Funny Anymore?; Free: Slow Cooker 101; Science Fun with Christine: Encyclopedia of Life
- Aug. 24, 2012 (08/24/2012) - These Fine Schools Have A Few Spaces, Homeschooling, the Way We Do It, Travel Tip Saves $10/Day, Science Fun with Christine: Let's Talk About Seawater!
Getting Students Off to a Good Start, Lunch!
Positive Discipline Classes for 2012-13, The Power of Touch
- Aug. 17, 2012 (08/16/2012)
- Aug.10, 2012 (08/10/2012) - Questions to Ask When Looking for a Preschool; Tips to encourage your child's language development; The Power of Habit: Clean at Last!
Wilder Dance and Blossom Belly; Resources for Parents of Toddlers & Preschoolers; Story Hours for Young Children
Starry, Starry Night: Art & Astronomy Slumber Party
- Aug. 2, 2012 (08/02/2012) - Family Friendly Workplaces; Down By The Creek with the Banana Slug String Band; Suki:The Gift of Children; Viva: 10 Goal Setting Categories Explained; Christine: Is Nuclear Power Good for Us? Ready for a New Summer Experience?
- July 26, 2012 (07/26/2012) - Misdiagnosis; A Parent's View from the Psychiatrist's Couch; Art duJour, A Creative Space; Meet Two of the Teachers at The Santa Cruz Village; Homemade Icecream; Redheads and Pain! A Weekend of Storytelling
- July 20, 2012 (07/20/2012) - The Santa Cruz Village, When Mom Needs Help, Road Trip Packing List, Archeology Detectives, Good Cause Mega Yard Sale
- July 12, 2012 (07/12/2012) - Caleb's Crossing, Why Advocate for Gifted Children, Free Salad Book, The God Particle, Kumon Reading & Math Center for Sale
- July 5, 2012 (07/04/2012) - Independence Day History, Cash Only roller Coaster, Living Fossils
- June 29, 20127 (06/29/2012) - 4th of July Events, Spend Time with Children, Crafts, Going Cash Only Part II, Fast Creatures & A Weird Planet
- June 21, 2012 (06/21/2012) - Declaration of Independence, Cash-Only Challenge, Science for Family Dinners, 9 pet Parenting Peeves
- June 14, 2012 (06/14/2012)
- June 7, 2012 (06/07/2012) - Cold Cure?, Life Lab's New Book: Gardening for Kids, Travel Checklist III for Kids, Is Attachment Parenting for you?, Free Online Courses with Distinguished Professors
- June 1, 2012 (06/01/2012) - Adventure Planning, Teacher Thank yous, Cover up, Camping App
- May 24, 2012 (05/24/2012) - Why Makers?, Make Your Own Nutritious Baby Food,Travel Check List II, Homeschoolers Get Out, How to Really Teach Kids About Money
- May 17, 2012 (05/17/2012) - Origami for Calming Time, Travel Checklist, Abyss the Darkling Beetle, Solar Eclipse Happening, Festivals this Weekend
- May 17, 2012 Camp Guide (05/17/2012) - Summer Camps & Programs, Foraging and Pickling, Swimming Safety, Healthful Summer Lunches, The Summer Backpack
- May 10, 2012 (05/10/2012) - Mother's Day History and Customs, A Festival for Children - All Ages! Teen Safety Camp
- May 4, 2012 (05/04/2012) - Sharing Tips. Stress-Free Mornings, Detergent Science, Keep tabs on Your elected Representatives
- April 26, 2012 (04/26/2012)
- April 20, 2012 (04/20/2012) - Santa Cruz Baroque Festival, Summit for the Planet
- Business Camps April (04/19/2012)
- Camps 2012 with Festivals (04/19/2012) - Summer Camps & Programs, Foraging and Pickling, Swimming Safety, Healthful Summer Lunches, Young Ones in Nature
- April 12, 2012 (04/12/2012) - SPIN Mentoring, Sharing, Fixing a Mistake, Bee Work
- April 5, 2012 (04/05/2012)
- April 2, 2012 (04/02/2012)
- March 29, 2012 (03/29/2012) - Science Everywhere I Turn Except...., Cooking Camp, Going to the Bottom of the Ocean, Science Education in the News
- March 22, 2012 (03/22/2012)
- March 15, 2012 (03/15/2012) - About Non-Fiction Reading, Tp Gardening Tips, Crippling Self-Doubt, Spring Reading for the Young, Children's Literature Illustrations from the Victorian Era
- March 8, 2012 (03/08/2012) - Healthful Lifestyle, What Coke Does to your Body, Freebies, Lambs
- March 1, 2012 (03/01/2012)
- Reach the Camp Decision Makers (01/30/2012) - Camp Business Newsletter
- January 27, 2012 (01/26/2012)
- January 19, 2012 (01/19/2012)
- January 11, 2012 (01/11/2012) - Dr. Bill -Noted Scientist, Education Turns Upside Down, Meal Planning with Viva, Suki Makes Granola
- January 4, 2012 (01/04/2012) - Tour Younger Reserve Lagoon, Favorite Parenting Tips, Goal Setting 101, OT Graduate, Constitution 101
- December 30, 2011 (12/30/2011) - Forests, Parks and Museums to Visit, Suki on Organizing Energy, A Potpourri of Post-Holiday Organizing Tips, Child Centered Resolutions, What to Do With the Tree
- December 20, 2011 (12/20/2011)
- December 15, 2011 (12/14/2011) - Plan a Stress Free Holiday, Local & Unique, Pam's Turkey Blog, Latkes
- December 8, 2011 (12/08/2011) - Win Tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet, Nurtuting Your Inner Adult, Education FYI, Making a Gingerbread House, Books!, Giftedness Characteristics
- December 6, 2011 (12/06/2011) - Classes make great gifts!
- December 1, 2011 (12/01/2011)
- Perks November 23, 2011 (11/23/2011) - Thanksgiving Weekend Perks
- November 22, 2011 (11/22/2011) - Thanksgiving, Get Out and Play!, Shopping with Children, A Delicious Stuffing
- November 17, 2011 (11/17/2011) - Mail for Heroes, Elkhorn Volunteering by Mount Madonna students, Volunteer, Angels Happen By, Select Freebies
- November 11, 2011 (11/11/2011) - Veterans Day
- November 3, 2011 (11/03/2011) - Squash, Entrepreneurs
- New Mailing 10/31/2011 (10/31/2011) - Halloween Safety and Special Deals
- October 26, 2011 (10/27/2011) - Halloween Events, Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 20, 2011 (10/20/2011) - Positive Discipline, Homework Help, GMO's
- October 12, 2011 (10/12/2011)
- October 5, 2011 (10/05/2011) - Welcome Back Monarchs, Bike to School, Moscow Style Education Innovation, Restaurant Week
- August 25, 2011 (08/25/2011) - Quality Education, About Writing, Getting in the Mood for the Fair, Hot Rods for Kids
- Help us Help You to Promote Your Class! (08/25/2011) - Business Newsletter for Enrichment Classes
- August 19, 2011 (08/19/2011) - To TDAP or Not, Finance Nuts & Bolts, Millstones, not Milstones, Taking Your Gifted Learner Out of School, Pen Pals
- August 14, 2010 (08/18/2011)
- August 18, 2010 (08/18/2011) - Business Newsletter. If your classes are not yet full...
- August 10, 2011 (08/10/2011) - We Are Foodies, Popsicles and Melons, Perfect Mom?, Picture Books, Prescriptive Parenting?
- August 3, 2011 (08/04/2011) - Stuff the Bus, Innovative Thinker on Education, First Friday Art Tour, Kids at Camp, Your Favorite Bloggers
- July 31, 2011 (07/31/2011)
- 07/28/2011 (07/28/2011) - Museum Series: Capitola Historical Museum; Sugar-free Canning, Socializing Frugally, Screen Time, Never Say Never, 211
- 07/22/2011 (07/22/2011) - Museum Series: 19th & 20th Century Life, 21st Century Family Life
- July 14, 2011 (07/14/2011) - Museum Series, Eggs, Quality Literature, Yummy Walnuts
- July 8, 2011 (07/08/2011) - Get Your Hands Dirty at MAH, More Federal Testing, Really!? Miracle at a Farm Camp, TV Experiment
- July 7, 2011 (07/07/2011) - Mid-Summer Special for Camps
- June 29, 2011 (06/29/2011) - Happy Birthday America! Video Games: Good? Bad? for Our Kids, Suki: Sugar Fixation, Viva: Better than Recycling
- June 23, 2011 (06/23/2011)
- June 16, 2011 (06/16/2011) - Who Knows History, Mindfulness Class, Happy Father's Day
- June 9, 2011 (06/09/2011) - Summer Reading, Unplugging, Useful Kitchen Tool, Homeschool Bootcamp
- Perks June 8, 2011 (06/08/2011) - Summer Specials in June
- June 2, 2011 (06/02/2011) - An Explanation for ADD/ADHD, Viva Blogs about herbs, Suki blogs about standardized tests
- May 25, 2011 (05/25/2011) - Memorial Day, ClubZ! Tutoring, Are Free Concerts Really Free, Education for Everyone!?
- Perks May 24, 2011 (05/24/2011) - Summer Specials in May
- May 23, 2011 (05/23/2011) - Business Tips, A Great Business is for Sale, Remember to Post for Visibility
- May 20, 2011 Preschool Focus (05/20/2011) - Childcare & Preschools, Child's Play, The impact of speech-language disorders on learning, Summer Movie Preview
- Camps 2011 with Festivals (05/19/2011) - Summer Programs & Classes,Festivals, Summer Movie Chatter
- May 14, 2011 (05/13/2011) - DURBIN IS ON!
- May 11, 2011 (05/11/2011) - Moms Night Out for Moms and Cancer Research, James Durbin, Bike to School and Work Week!
- May 5, 2010 Preschools & Childcare (05/05/2011) - Upcoming preschool newsletter
- May 4, 2011 (05/04/2011) - Mother's Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, The Ingredients of a Scientist, Working Moms
- April 27, 2011 (04/27/2011) - Autism, HUGS, Frugality for Richer or Poorer, Cookies for Cancer
- April 21, 2011 (04/22/2011) - Easter, Triple P Comes to Santa Cruz, United Way Easter Seals, Suki and Viva Blog!
- April Perks (04/20/2011) - Aprils perks from local businesses and organizations
- April 15, 2011 (04/15/2011) - Earth Day
- Camps 2011 with Festivals (04/15/2011) - Summer Programs & Classes, Backpacking with Older Students, Benefits of a Red Cross Swim Program, Letters from Campers
- April 6, 2011 (04/07/2011) - Children's Parade and Fair, Summit for the Planet, Save the Frogs, Suki: Getting ready..
- March 31, 2011 (03/31/2011) - Summit for the Planet, Doing the Right Thing, Think About Tomatoes
- Camps (03/23/2011)
- March 23, 2011 (03/23/2011) - Science Fairs, Triple P Parenting, Internet Safety Update
- March 17, 2011 (03/17/2011) - A "Hand Up" Program,
- March 10, 2011 (03/10/2011) - Brains, Stress, Exercize and Learning, Doing Green on a Budget, Star Chasing
- March 8, 2011 (03/07/2011) - March Specials
- March 3, 2011 (03/03/2011) - Musical Events, Thoughts on Science and Education, Festivals, New Festivals Section
- February 23, 2011 (02/23/2011)
- February 18, 2011 (02/18/2011) - Lessons from Dogs and Spunky Protagonists
- February 10, 2011 (02/10/2011) - Good Dental Health, Lorraine: 6 Strategies to Support Success in School, Suuki: Choosing Schools Starshine: Ode to Love
- February 3, 2011 (02/03/2011) - Getting Ready for Valentine's Day!, Kisses are Good for Your Health, Suki's Blog: Surly Beach Day, Brain Science Comes to Parenting
- February 3, 2011 (02/03/2011) - Getting Ready for Valentine's Day!, Kisses are Good for Your Health, Suki's Blog: Surly Beach Day, Brain Science Comes to Parenting
- January 27, 2011 (02/02/2011)
- December 31, 2010 (COPY) (12/31/2010) - Post Classes & Events, 2011 Editorial Calendar
- New Mailing 12/30/2010 (12/30/2010) - Happy New Year! Goal Setting for Kids with Aunt Lorraine, The Ten Greatest Gifts I Give My Children
- December 22, 2010 (12/23/2010) - Discover the Parks, the Beaches and the Forests,
A Potpourri of Post-Holiday Organizing Tips, Child Centered Resolutions, "I Smell A Skunk", A Visit to Ano Nuevo State Park, What to Do With the Tree
- December 17, 2010 (12/17/2010) - Creating Memories, Places to Go, Singing Seamstress, Services
- December 8, 2010 (12/06/2010) - Volunteering and Teens, Quality Math Programs, Local entrepreneurs recommend gifts for the Little Ones
- December Perks (12/03/2010) - Delightful specials for you!
- December 2, 2010 (12/02/2010) - Selecting Your Locally Grown Tree, Happy 60th Birthday Santa Cruz Roller Palladium, Suki: Teaching Programming to Kids
- November 23, 2010 (11/23/2010) - The Real Thanksgiving, Giving Children, Shopping Locally, Win Animated Advent Calendar, Suki Recommends...
- November 17, 2010 (11/17/2010) - Getting Ready for Thanksgiving, Harvest Connections for Children, Potluck Dishes
- Business November 7, 2010 (11/07/2010) - Gaining maximum exposure for your holiday camps
- November 4, 2010 (11/04/2010) - Seaglass Festival, Twins Club Flea Market, Computer Viruses and Trojans, Thanks for the School Fair
- Parent Perks November 1, 2010 (10/30/2010) - Parent Perks November
- October 27, 2010 (10/27/2010) - Teens Run Haunted House for Charity, Delaying Gratification Skills, Twins Club Fundraiser
- October 20, 2010 (10/21/2010)
- October 14, 2010 (10/14/2010) - Planning for Halloween, Reviews of Waiting for Superman, Finding the Right Preschool for the Right Price
- November 11, 2010 (10/11/2010)
- October 6, 2010 (10/06/2010) - Proactive Parenting, Support for Parents, Seymour Centers 10th!
- Parent Perks Oct. 4, 2010 (10/04/2010) - October Perks and Events, Music Teachers
- September 30, 2010 (09/30/2010) - Take A Child Outside, Open Studios, Winning and Losing
- September 22, 2010 (09/22/2010) - Self-Sufficiency, Choices, Bird Watching, Re-Skilling, Take A Child Outdoors
- September 16, 2010 (09/16/2010) - The Fair!; Working with Young Gifted Children; Resource for Parents of Special Needs Children; Practical Ideas for Parents of College Bound Children
- September 9, 2010 (09/09/2010) - Parenting, Grandparents Day, The Fair, Homeschooling
- September 3, 2010 (09/03/2010) - Use Labor Day to Promote Your Classes
- September 2, 2010 (09/02/2010) - Canning and Warm Kitchens, County Fair Preserves Our Heritage, Connecting with Teachers
- August 28, 2010 (08/28/2010) - Specials for you!
- August 25, 2010 (08/26/2010) - Voting Rights, Responsibilities, Plastic
- August 19, 2010 (08/19/2010) - New: Santa Cruz World Choir, Helping Your Gifted Child, Education Articles
- August 12, 2010 (08/12/2010) - A Selection of Back To School Articles
- Business August 12, 2010 (08/12/2010) - Business Reminders for Back to School Promotion, SCORE offers courses for startup businesses
- Business August 6, 2010 (08/06/2010) - Women, A Major Social, Cultural & Economic Force
Synopsis of "What Women Want: The Global Marketplace Turns Female Friendly" by Paco Underhill
- August 5, 2010 (08/05/2010) - The Duality of August: Summer and Back to School,
Stuff the Bus, Suki blogs on Cabrillo Music Festival
- July 22, 2010 (07/22/2010) - Music for All
- July 15, 2010 (07/15/2010) - Local Camping Out, Elkhorn Slough Photography Contest
- July 28, 2010 (07/15/2010) - Cabrillo Music Festival, Ag History Project, 6 Steps to Keep Your House Safe as Fire Nears
- Back to School Offer (07/14/2010) - Ask Parents to Spend their Back to School Dollars with You. Tell them about your business in our Back to School e-newsletters!
- Business Camp Stories (07/14/2010) - Summer Camps: Send us your photos and children's quotes!
- July 7, 2010 (07/07/2010) - Swimming Holes and Other Adventures
- July Perks for You! (07/01/2010) - July Perks, Safety and Blueberry Pie
- Parent Perks May (05/28/2010) - Perks for May, New Businesses, History of Memorial Day
- May 26, 2010 (05/26/2010) - Talented Teens
- May Business Newsletter to Camps (05/24/2010) - Upcoming Camp Guide, List Your Camp
- May 19, 2010 (05/19/2010) - Foster Parenting, Maifest at the Tyrolean
- May 12, 2010 (05/12/2010) - Make It! Rail Trail and Festivities, Amgen Santa Cruz Finish
- May 5, 2010 (05/05/2010) - Run for Charity, New Team Sports Section, Festival of the Winds
- April 30, 2010 (04/30/2010) - Thanking Teachers, Dancing in the Streets, Camps
- Friday, April 23, 2010 (04/23/2010) - Fun Events, Sunshine and Specials for You!
- April 21, 2010 (04/21/2010) - Nominate great teachers! great moms! great dads! Festival for the Environment
- Business 04/18/2010 (04/18/2010)
- Summer Camp Guide 2010 (04/16/2010) - Summer Camp Guide 2010
- April 9, 2007 (04/09/2010) - Spring & Earth Celebrations, Festival for the Environment, Jimmy Skunk
- March 31, 2010 Rachael (03/31/2010) - Friendships, Bluegrass Music in the Park, Easter Activities and Spring Break
- March 26, 2010 (03/26/2010) - Families, Gangs, Cooking and Vaulting; Peter Pan; Suki's Blog on Health and Cooking
- March 22, 2010 (03/22/2010) - Spring Specials, including camps; Welcome New Businesses; Kayak Surf Festival
- Promote Your Preschool (03/19/2010) - Promote Your Preschool
- March 17, 2010 (03/17/2010) - "Mompreneur" Abra Allan
Suki's Blog: Existential Angst
Ready to Run?!
- Dear Camps, Sports & Classes, (03/10/2010)
- March 10, 2010 (03/10/2010) - Beans, Cowgirl up! Shop, cook and Eat Smart!
Ready to learn a new language?
- March 5, 2010 (03/05/2010) - Planning for Spring Break
- March 5, 2010 (03/05/2010) - Parent Perks - A variety of specials for you from some of our business members!
- 3/2/2010 (03/02/2010) - WHY you are receiving this local business newsletter!
There is still time to be in the most comprehensive Camp Guide in Santa Cruz County
Read this if you want to grow your business bigger
- February 26, 2010 (02/26/2010) - Read America!
Celebrate john Steinbeck's 108th Birthday
Suki: What is gifted? And why?
- February 19, 2010 (02/17/2010) - Raising Children to be Kind
Suki on Giftedness
Dr. Ginger Wilson begins blogging on children and parenting
- February 12, 2010 (02/11/2010) - Co-existing with Animals
- February 5, 2010 (02/04/2010) - Romance takes on a variety of forms
Three Cups of Tea
Kisses are good for us!
A Man's Take on Romance
- February 8 Business Newsletter (02/03/2010)
- January 27, 2010 (01/27/2010) - Rainy Days
Play first, Next Eat, Learn More
- CAMP ADVERTISING (01/23/2010)
- Friday, January 22, 2010 (01/22/2010) - New! Starter Business Membership
Sample Ad Sizes
- January 20, 2010 (01/20/2010) - See You tonight at the Independent School Fair!
- January 18, 2010 (01/18/2010) - Preparing for the Independent School Fair
Questions to Ask
- January 15, 2010 (01/15/2010) - Say "No!" to Yo Yo Dieting, Jennifer Brewer
Suki's Blog: Avant Parenting Japanese Style
Heddi's Blog: Hands-on Learning: Fridge Phonics
- Reminder: Post Your Perks (01/09/2010) - Grow Your Business with a Growing Business
Reminder to Post Your Events, Perks, Classes and Camps --TODAY!
Build Your Advertising in Stages
- January 5, 2010 Fair Newsletter (01/05/2010) - Independent School Fair
Business Newsletter for Schools & Preschools
- January 8, 2010 (01/01/2010) - Fungus Fair by Suki Wessling, Hands On Learning with Heddi Craft, Visit a museum a month!
- December 31, 2009 (12/30/2009) - Happy New Year
- December 23, 2009 (12/23/2009) - Traditions, Places to Go!, Thank You Businesses!
- December 17, 2009 (12/17/2009) - Holiday Specials
- December 16, 2009 (12/16/2009) - Family Time, Energy Girl Rocks, Eating Healthfully, Spelling Help, Holiday Recipes
- December 9, 2009 (12/09/2009) - Cowboy Poetry and Music, The Cowboy Way, Neighborhood Schools, Hands on Learning, Famous Cowboy Poems
- December 3, 2009 (12/03/2009)
- November 23, 2009 (11/24/2009) - Mayflower, New Leaf, Suki's Blog, Heddi's Blog
- November 11, 2009 (11/11/2009) - Veteran's Day, Papa Doo Run Run Fundraiser to Support Youth Music Programs
- November 18, 2007 (11/06/2009) - Writing Thank You Notes, Inspiring Good Manners and A Giving Spirit, Bolgs, Operation Christmas Child
- New Mailing 11/06/2009 (11/02/2009) - Parent Perks
- November 4, 2009 (11/01/2009) - Structuring Success for Good Health and Good Looks, The End of Overeating, Raising Responsible Children, Children can learn anything!
- Trick or Treat? (10/28/2009) - Halloween, Candy & Nutrition, "Brown" Bagging
- Your Customers Are Online! (10/27/2009) - Your customers are online, and so are we!
- Halloween Fun! (10/23/2009) - Halloween, Preparing for Parent Conferences, Thanksgiving Adventure!
- Staying Safe Oct.14 (10/10/2009) - Staying Safe from Playground Bullies to Cyber Bullies
- October 7, 2009 (10/07/2009) - Highly Addictive and Good for Teens & Adults
This Week; Help Our Librarians Think Out of the Box; Suki's Blog: Support your school, support everyone else's school; Marketing Bootcamp for Parents Thinking of Starting a Business
- Marketing Bootcamp (10/06/2009) - Marketing Effectively for Small Businesses
- Art 10/01/09 (10/01/2009) - Art, Open Studios, Events
- September 23, 2009 (09/23/2009) - We are a paradise for birders. Go to Oktoberfest in Santa Cruz Mountains this weekend! Suki defends homeschooling.
- No TV and Yes Dinner (09/18/2009) - No TV, Yes Dinner
- The Flu & King Tut (09/10/2009) - The Flu, King Tut and 9/11 Memories
- Reading, Books... It's Important (09/06/2009) - Reading, A Great Book, History, Library Wish List, Food Revolution, Wrestling, why?! to-Do's for Your!
- Getting Organized (08/28/2009) - Organizing Shopping & Meals
Chores and Children
50 Minute Hour: Sort & Organize
- School Groove (08/20/2009) - School Articles 7 Messages from Our Sponsors
- A Potpourri (08/14/2009) - fire, boogie boarding, sharks, kid chefs, pushing my feminist buttons & help, we're growing too fast, we need help!
- One Last Summer Fling (08/07/2009) - Last Summer Fling,
Suki's Vacations from a Vacation,
Town Hall Meetings
- August 2009 (08/04/2009) - Businesses Have Specials for You!
- Local Parent Bloggers (05/27/2009) - Connect with local parent bloggers. They enjoy hearing from you, positive or....
- Memorial Day Weekend (05/20/2009) - Fly-in, Maker Faire, Tips for Stressed-Out Moms
Parenting support Seminar with Lorraine Pursell
- Summer Camps (05/18/2009) - Summer Camps
- May 13, 2009 (05/13/2009) - Biking: School, Work, Mountains
River Festival, Artichoke Festival, Boardwalk Season Opening
SantaCruzParent.com in Spanish
- Happy Mother's Day (05/06/2009) - How to Be a Daughter
Bike Week Coming Up
- April 30, 2009 (04/30/2009) - Successful Interviewing
Gourmet Sea Foraging
- April 22, 2009 (04/22/2009) - Omega Nu Raises Money to Give Away!
Ducky Derby Fundraiser
Teaching Children About Money
- Business April 2009 (04/20/2009) - For All Businesses: Get to Know Your Target Market
5 Myths about Today's Mothers
by Maria Bailey
- April 15, 2009 (04/15/2009) - Repackaging Your Work Skills
How to Help Intuitive Children
- April 8, 2009 (04/08/2009) - Catherine Crawford works with Intuitives and Empaths
- April 1, 2009 (04/01/2009) - Spring Break, Museums
- February 25, 2009 (02/25/2009) - Choosing the Right School for Your Child
- February 18, 2009 (02/18/2009) - Fundraisng, Starwatchers, The Universe, Quilts
- February 2009 (02/18/2009) - Upcoming Special Issues and a New Parent Perks Newsletter!
- February 17, 2009 (02/17/2009) - Biking Fun, Valentines and RSS Feeds!
- February 10, 2009 (02/10/2009) - Biking Fun, Valentines and RSS Feeds!
- February 4, 2009 (02/04/2009) - Adults! Gen-X moms will love this book!
Gen-X dads will get to understand
"how women think".